TLC Maintenance Agreements Basic Terms and Conditions
- Requests for Support of any kind (including technical phone support) should be submitted through the LightWerks Support site at https://support.lightwerks.com/.
- Pricing for standard, non-expedited TLC support hours is $150/person-hour.
- Pricing for service involving on-site support is good for up to 40 miles from the servicing office. Any additional drive time will be billed at our quoted person-hour rate in increments of one-hour.
- Each service incident incurs a minimum charge per required technician as follows:
- Remote support will be billed a one-hour minimum charge; and
- On-site support will be billed a two-hour minimum charge.
- Grace periods will be applied to services as follows:
- Customers will be given a grace period of 15 minutes of additional support time vs. the required minimum or quoted duration. After the 15-minute grace period, support will be charged in hourly increments from that point on.
- Phone support is free for up to 15 minutes per incident. After 15 minutes, phone support will be chargeable at the remote support rate above. LightWerks reserves the right to charge for phone support incidents beyond a certain reasonable number.
- LightWerks’ standard support hours are generally defined as 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (local time). When required, it MAY be possible to get remote or onsite support outside of normal business hours at additional cost.
- Equipment loaners and warranty extensions are not included in any standard TLC plan, but can be incorporated in a Custom Plan. Speak to your LightWerks representative about the possibilities and the economic/cost implications.
- Parking expenses, if any, are the responsibility of the customer. If free parking or validation cannot be provided, we will bill for parking costs plus a $25 processing fee.
- If a customer must cancel any LightWerks on-site support visit, they must do so at least four business hours prior to the visit. Failure to do so will result in a charge of two person-hours.
- Pricing does not include the price of consumables or materials required to provide service to covered systems. These will be quoted separately at the time they may be required.
- Agreement cancellation can be done by either party with 30-day notice in writing. Refunds will be made in credit or by check on a pro-rated basis.
- If you sign up for a TLC contract within two weeks of receiving an on-site service call, we may be able to credit the cost of the first visit toward the cost of a long-term contract.
Service Level Agreement (aka “SLA”) Response Times
- MANAGED TLCFastest
- 4-Business-Hour (or better) Remote Response to “Confirmed’ system failures
- 8-Business-Hour (or better) On-Site Response after remote resolution failure
- PRE-PAID SUPPORT HOURSFaster
- 4-Business-Hour (or better) Phone Response to “Confirmed’ system failures
- 16-Business-Hour (or better) On-Site Response after failure to resolve issue(s) over the phone
- Faster on-site response MAY be available at an additional charge as follows: Within 8 business hours = 2.0 x charge of hours
- FIELD CALLSFast
- On-site support visits for customers NOT covered by a TLC Support Plan
- Support on a best-efforts basis (behind support visits required for customers covered by TLC Support)
- Faster on-site response MAY be available at an additional charge as follows: Within 16 business hours = 1.5 x charge of hours OR within 8 business hours = 2.0 x charge of hours
- For Managed TLC offerings:
- To download details about the security of the LightWerks Managed TLC platform, click HERE.
- Pricing is expected to increase by 10% annually. Pre-paying for multiple years “locks-in” today’s price for the duration. If you commit to a multi-year plan, but prefer to pay one year at a time, pricing increases will be limited to 5% per year.
- Coverage is available primarily for new LightWerks-designed and installed systems. Coverage may be available for LightWerks “legacy” systems or systems installed by others but will require a prior system audit and may require additional parts or installation to make a system compatible with the LightWerks Managed TLC offering.
- Certain brands and products may not be compatible with LightWerks’ Managed TLC platform. Check with your Account Executive to see if your system would be eligible for coverage.
- For Pre-Paid Support Hours:
- Parts can be purchased with hours using the value equivalent to roughly 50% of the original value of an hour, or $75 per hour used this way.
- Unused support hours expire one year after the most recent purchase of any TLC agreement. To check your remaining balance, please email email@example.com.
- For Managed TLC and DIY TLC offerings, the customer agrees to the end-user license agreement (EULA) of all software and cloud-based platform(s) required to deliver these services. If needed, please ask your representative for more information.
- Pricing, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. Various exceptions apply. Do not rely on pricing quoted here for actual pricing you will pay, which will be provided to you via a Quote/Proposal from your LightWerks Account Executive.
90-Day Shake-Down/Break-In Period
For a period of ninety (90) days from the date of acceptance or first beneficial use, whichever occurs first, LightWerks will provide reasonable changes/adjustments to the installed system(s) to ensure your satisfaction. Requests for these changes should be made through our Service portal at www.lightwerks.com/helpdesk.Corrections for user errors, non-authorized changes made to the system, and additional parts or scope of work, will likely be chargeable.
Standard Project Workmanship Warranty
LightWerks warrants the Audiovisual System furnished to be free from defects in workmanship (i.e. cables, connections, and structures) for a period of one (1) year from the date of acceptance or first beneficial use, whichever occurs first. Warranty service for such defects will be handled in a reasonable and timely manner from the time of notification to LightWerks by the Owner or their agent. Requests for service should be made through our Service portal at www.lightwerks.com/helpdesk. If problems are found to have been caused other than by defects of workmanship, visits to correct these problems will be chargeable at a rate of $345 – $395 per visit, unless the client has purchased a TLC (Technology Loving Care) maintenance agreement from LightWerks.
Manufacturer’s equipment warranties are of varying lengths (usually 90 days to 1 year).
LightWerks will warranty this equipment for the term established by the manufacturer on a depot basis only. All equipment warranties cover only depot (carry-in) service. If a projector, flat panel, or other equipment is installed, it will need to be uninstalled and reinstalled after it’s fixed. This is not covered by any manufacturer or reseller warranty. We offer a variety of TLC service plans that you should discuss with your Account Manager. Otherwise, if you’re not on any sort of service plan, we will be happy to uninstall and reinstall your equipment on a time and materials basis (minimum $345 – $395 per technician per visit). Or, you may deliver warranty repair equipment to LightWerks, Attention: Service Department. Please include a copy of your invoice with each piece of equipment.
Warranty does not apply to any product that has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, operational error, or damage by the introduction of new components to the system described herein.
Interested in having superior support for your AV or security system? Contact us today to learn what we can do for YOUR organization!